Cost per recipe $7.17 view details
- 2 x duck legs
- 1 med onion, minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. dry red wine
- 1 x (28-oz) can plum tomatoes, roughly minced
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 lb cut pasta, like penne
- Â Â Grated pecorino Romano or possibly parmesan
- Trim visible fat from duck legs, then lay them, skin side down, in a 10 inch skillet. Turn heat to medium; when duck begins to sizzle, turn heat to low and cover. Cook undisturbed about an hour (check once to be sure legs aren't burning); the skin should be golden. Turn and cook till duck is very tender, at least 30 min.
- Remove duck and set aside. Add in onion to skillet and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, till onion is soft, about 5 min.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Add in wine to skillet and raise heat to high; cook till liquid is reduced by about half. Add in tomatoes and salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, till mix is saucy, about 15 min. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Meanwhile, shred duck from bone and add in it to sauce as it cooks. A few min after adding tomatoes, cook pasta. When it is tender but not mushy, drain it and serve it with sauce, along with cheese.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1134g|
|Calories from Fat 100||5%|
|Total Fat 11.65g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.51g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 364.75g||97%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.1g||60%|