This recipe didn't sound so good to me but it turned out to be quite tasty. I make a batch and take it to work for lunch. Yummy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 bowls
Cost per serving $1.59 view details
- 12 oz whole wheat rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers - rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat three tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until softened, about two minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for three minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper and the remaining oil.
- Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water and divide among four individual bowls.
- Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 226g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 270||40%|
|Total Fat 30.63g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 4.38g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.26g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|