Cost per serving $1.09 view details
- 12 ounce Uncooked spaghetti">Penne Pasta Or possibly Spaghetti Or possibly Mostaccioli
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil *Note
- 1 lrg Clove Garlic Thin Slice
- 6 med Tomatoes, Red Ripe **Note
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Coarse Grnd Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Dry Basil Or possibly 2 tbsp Fresh Basil Finely Minced
- 1/3 x Parmesan Cheese Optional, ***Note
- *NOTE: Original recipe used 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil..I used a nonstick skillet so I was able to reduce the oil down.
- **NOTE: peel, seed and chop tomatoes, abt 3 C***NOTE: We didn't use the cheese so I entered the measurement into the ingredient column so which it wouldn't calculate into the nutritional information. If you use it then the counts would be high then is reflected below.
- In Dutch oven, cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat till warm. Add in garlic slices. Reduce heat to med-low; cook and stir till lightly browned. With slotted spoon, remove garlic from oil; throw away garlic (I didn't do this .. I kept the garlic in the pan).
- Quickly add in tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook over med heat about 10 minutes or possibly till tomatoes are softened and liquid evaporates, forming a thick sauce. Stir in basil; remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; return to Dutch oven. Add in tomato mix and cheese
- (optional); toss gently.
- Make 4 (2 C) servings.
- NOTES : This was very, very good.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 254g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||7%|
|Total Fat 2.75g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.45g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 70.14g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|