Cost per serving $3.16 view details
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets, cut the florets in half if they're big.
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, skins on
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- Olive oil
- A sprinkling of red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons
- Chopped parsley
- 1 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of black kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box of your favorite pasta - I used orecchietti
- Heat the oven to 425F
- Place the cauliflower, onions and garlic cloves on a baking sheet. Pour over a tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, the red pepper flakes and a handful of chopped parsley. Mix so that everything is lightly coated in the olive oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for approx 40-50 minutes. Stir around from time to time so that the veggies brown evenly.
- Meanwhile toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl place a large handful of chopped parsley, a good grinding of salt and pepper, a healthy gulg of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of butter and the juice and zest of two lemons.
- Chop the olives and add them to the serving bowl.
- Cook the pasta. Drain and pour into the serving bowl. Add the cooked cauliflower, onions and pine nuts and toss together.
- Check the seasonings and add more salt and pepper, lemon juice and parsley if required.
- Serve warm.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 134||74%|
|Total Fat 15.81g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 3.31g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.64g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|