- 1Â 1/2 lb Boned and skinned chicken breast halves
- 2 x Portobello mushrooms
- 6 x Halves sun-dry tomatoes, oil-packed, liquid removed, coarsely minced
- 1/2 c. Basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 x Roma tomato, (also known as a plum tomato), halved
- 2 x Japanese eggplant, quartered lengthwise
- 4 x Cloves garlic, (or possibly to taste), chopped
- 3/4 lb Linguine or possibly fettucine
- 1/2 c. Extra virgin olive oil, (or possibly to taste)
- 1 c. Romano or possibly Parmesan cheese, shredded or possibly grated
- Cost: $-
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- Difficulty Level: 2
- Servings: 4
- 1. Cook pasta al dente, set aside in warm water to keep warm.
- 2. Lightly oil and grill chicken, eggplant, mushrooms, and roma tomatoes over medium heat until done.
- 3. Cook tomatoes on skin side only, so as not to lose any juice.
- 4. Eggplant should be soft, tomatoes warm and lightly charred, and mushrooms and chicken cooked through.
- 5. Cut chicken and eggplant into bite-sized pcs, and slice portobellos.
- If the mushrooms are large, you may need to halve the slices.
- 6. Cut tomato halves into two or possibly four pcs, saving juice.
- 7. Drain pasta, and toss with several drizzles of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes and 1/4 c. cheese.
- 8. Add in chicken and vegetables, toss again.
- 9. Serve warm with the rest of the cheese.