Cost per serving $0.50 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. Chopped shallots
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 c. Minced tomato
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 lb Uncooked linguine
- 2 c. Small cauliflower florets
- 2 c. Small broccoli florets
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in shallots and garlic; saute/fry 2 min. Add in tomato, parsley, mustard, vinegar, and pepper; cook 3 min or possibly till thoroughly heated. Set aside, and keep hot.
- Cook linguine in boiling water 5 min, omitting salt and fat. Add in cauliflower and broccoli; cook an additional 3 min or possibly till tender.
- Drain well.
- Combine pasta mix and tomato mix; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 c.).
- NOTES : It's hard to find light recipes with a taste all their own, but thisone has a unique flavor. I love to serve it for company because it's such anunusual combination. - Peg Tantillo, Overland Park, Kansas.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 78g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||18%|
|Total Fat 3.11g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.87g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.87g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|