Cost per serving $1.15 view details
- 2 tablespoons or less extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large organic carrots, diced
- 4 large celery ribs, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 5 cups low sodium organic chicken stock or beef stock (your preference)
- 14.5oz box of Barilla Plus multigrain rotini
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 10-12 turns of pepper mill
- 1/4 cup low salt parmesan cheese optional
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large saucepan.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add tomotoes, garlic and rosemary and stir for one minute.
- Add chicken or beef stock and bring to boil.
- While soup is cooking make pasta according to package directions.
- Soup is ready when the carrots are soft.
- Place pasta in bottom of bowl and add soup to cover.
- Place small handfull of spinach on top of soup and add parmesan if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 283g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 18||26%|
|Total Fat 2.06g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.86g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.54g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|