Cost per serving $1.80 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausages--castings removed
- 1Â 1/2 c. Minced onions
- 1Â 1/2 c. Diced carrots
- 1 x Celery stalk with leaves-minced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dry basil
- 1 tsp Dry rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dry crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dry rubbed sage
- 5 c. Canned chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 to 16 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) kidney beans-liquid removed
- 1 c. Elbow macaroni
- Heat oil in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in sausages and saute/fry till beginning to brown, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 min. Add in onions, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, crushed red pepper and sage. Saute/fry till vegetables begin to soften, about 10 min.
- Add in broth, tomatoes with their juices and beans. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer till vegetables are tender and flavors blend, about 20 min. Add in macaroni to soup and simmer till tender, about 15 min.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. A little grated Parmesan sprinkled on top is a nice addition.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 644g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||17%|
|Total Fat 4.62g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.71g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 44.17g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|