Cost per serving $1.55 view details
- 1Â 3/4 c. rotini (about 5 ounces)
- Â Â vegetarian bouillon
- 1 pch chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Vidalia onion mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat mayonnaise (Best)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Â Â or possibly lime juice or possibly a combination
- 1 Tbsp. sweet basil pesto Genovese style
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced green bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro (2-4 tbs)
- 2 ounce minced grilled pork or possibly chicken leftover
- Â Â or possibly
- 1/3 x -c. cooked black beans no liquid
- Â Â garlic salt
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper generous
- Cook pasta in plenty of water seasoned with vegetarian bouillon. Drain and rinse in cool tap water. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the salad dressing. Add in the still hot pasta to the bowl and toss with the dressing. It will be a light dressing with lots of flavor.
- Prepare vegetables and add in to the bowl. Toss. Add in meat or possibly beans. Toss. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Refrigeratefor at least 2 hrs before serving. Stir occasionally.
- Description: "Basic recipe which is easy to vary with a knock-out dressing."
- NOTES : If you're crazy about pasta salads, try this one. The dressing is special. It's got a little bite and a little sweetness (the honey and vidalia onion mustard. We served it with leftover pork grilled on the foreman with Lawry's salt substitute. You could serve this with chicken, fish or possibly beans.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 337g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||8%|
|Total Fat 9.22g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.88g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 189.15g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||40%|