A reasonbly quick dish to prep and cook. Its a spicy twist on the old pasta dinner standby. Recommend served with some good garlic bread and your favorite Pinot Noir.
- 24 oz can or crushed tomatoes OR 8 medium sized fresh ripe tomoatoes
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- 3-6 garlic cloves, depending on how much you love garlic
- 15-20 kalamata olives, preferable pitted (less work)
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes (less if you want less heat)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice garlic and olives and set aside
- Chop the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces OR if using store-bought diced tomatoes, open the can.
- Start the water for your pasta - I prefer penne for this dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and stir until lightly brown
- Add tomatoes, olives and oregano
- Simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring every 2 minutes or so. I usually mash down the tomatoes in the pan once they loosen up.
- Add red chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for another 10 minutes
- Stir in the parmesan chesse and serve!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 126g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 193||80%|
|Total Fat 21.66g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.61g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.81g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|