An easy and great tasting recipe. If you like the flavor of paella, you'll love this pasta. I've made this as well as true paella, and I think my family likes this better. Elegant enough to serve with company, but easy and kid friendly enough to have any week night. Give it a shot!
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb angel hair or capellini pasta - dry
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cups low fat chicken broth
- 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 lb catfish fillet (or other fish fillet)
- 16 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (optional)
- 2 cups frozen petite peas (optional)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Pour olive oil into an 11- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Break pasta into 3- to 4-inch lengths and drop into oil; stir often until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and turmeric; stir until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes, including juice; cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Spread mixture level. Evenly distribute artichoke hearts and clams, if using, over pasta. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes. Evenly distribute shrimp, fish, and peas over pasta. Cover and cook until mussels have opened and fish is barely opaque in center of thickest part, 5 to 8 minutes longer.
- Uncover and cook until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid and is beginning to brown on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes. Add salt to taste. Garnish with lemon wedges to squeeze over seafood.
- Serve warm from pan.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 577g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 194||40%|
|Total Fat 21.71g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.08g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.95g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|