Cost per recipe $27.88 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 x unpeeled medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into sixths and cut into 1 1/4-inch lengths
- 4 x unpeeled small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 1/4-inch lengths
- 1Â 1/2 c. very small broccoli florets
- 1Â 1/2 c. minced asparagus (cut about 1 to 1 1/4 inches long)
- 1Â 1/2 c. green pepper julienne (cut 1 1/4 inches long
- 1 c. red peppers julienne (cut 1 1/4 inches long)
- 3/4 c. fresh peas or possibly frzn petits pois
- 3/4 c. fresh or possibly frzn Chinese pea pods (as small as possible)
- Â Â boiling salted water
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. minced green onion
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 c. coarsely minced Italian parsley
- Â Â Or possibly
- 1/2 c. finely chopped curly-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh green chilies,
- Â Â or possibly a scant
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Â Â salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 1/2 c. minced fresh basil leaves,
- Â Â Or possibly
- 2 tsp dry, crumbled
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb spaghetti">fettuccine or possibly spaghetti
- 2/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. toasted pine nuts
- Â Â additional chicken stock (optional)
- Â Â freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Blanch each vegetable separately in rapidly boiling water till just tender, about 2 to 3 min per vegetable (peas will take only 1 minute if fresh, 30 seconds if frzn). Drain each vegetable well after cooking. Refresh in cool water and drain again; pat dry if necessary. Combine all vegetables in large bowl and set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add in green onions and garlic and saute/fry about 3 min; don't brown. Add in parsley, chilies and salt and pepper to taste and saute/fry an additional 2 min. Blend in basil.
- Add in more oil to skillet if necessary. Add in vegetables and stir gently to heat through, 1 to 2 min. Set aside.
- For sauce, heat butter in Dutch oven or possibly large deep skillet (large sufficient to accommodate pasta and vegetables) over low heat. Stir in stock and wine and bring to simmer. Cover and set aside.
- Bring large quantity of water to boil with 1 Tbsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt. Add in pasta and stir with wooden spoon to separate. Cook till pasta is al dente.
- Reheat sauce if necessary. Add in pasta and half of vegetable mix and toss gently to mix. Add in remaining vegetables and Parmesan and pine nuts and toss again. Add in more stock if mix seems too dry (sauce shouldn't be soupy). Divide among heated plates and serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan at table.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2744g|
|Calories from Fat 1452||36%|
|Total Fat 167.12g||209%|
|Saturated Fat 52.91g||212%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 493.25g||132%|
|Dietary Fiber 69.4g||231%|