This is a mediterranean sauce for pasta, it's very simple. As you may know from my profile I don't use garlic and onion, but I will write the recipe for garlic "lover" also.
Salt warning: I buy salted capers, before use them I wash them to remove the salt grains, and I leave the capers in a cup with water for 10 minutes. Anchovy are salted as well. Generally I don't add extra salt in the sauce, and I add just a small spoon in the water for pasta. Check the "Salt" situation according to your taste.
- Ingredients for 6 people:
- 500 g of pasta (spaghetti is better)
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 2 spoons of capers
- 6 Anchovy fillets
- 400 - 600 g tins Italian plum tomatoes (fresh tomatoes are much better - 600 g)
- 120 g (1 cup) of black and/or green spicy olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 coffee spoon of origanum
- While the water for pasta is heating, put the olive oil in a frying pan and put the clove of garlic and when it changes color take it off (this is the part for garlic lover), put the chopped anchovy fillets (or anchovy cream), cook gently till they are almost melted. Put the tomatoes, olives, capers and origanum. Cook all for 15 minutes.
- When pasta is ready, drain it and add the sauce.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 502g|
|Calories from Fat 63||3%|
|Total Fat 7.56g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 374.21g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.1g||54%|