Cost per recipe $8.36 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce bacon diced
- 2 x carrots minced
- 1 med onion minced
- 3 x garlic cloves crushed
- 3 can chicken broth - (14 ounce)
- 2 can diced tomatoes - (14 1/2 ounce ea) with juice
- 3/4 tsp dry marjoram leaves crushed
- 1/2 tsp dry sage leaves crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt or possibly to taste
- 4 ounce uncooked orecchiette or possibly shell pasta (1 heaping c.)
- 1 can garbanzo beans - (19 ounce)
- 10 ounce frzn minced kale, collard greens,
- Â Â or possibly mustard greens thawed
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Â Â Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a stockpot or possibly Dutch oven, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add in the bacon and saute/fry over medium heat for 3 to 4 min, or possibly till the bacon is lightly browned.
- Add in the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 min, stirring occasionally, till the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the chicken broth, tomatoes with their juice, marjoram, sage and salt. Bring the mix to boiling; stir in the pasta. Cook, stirring frequently, according to package directions till the pasta is al dente.
- Add in the garbanzo beans with their liquid and the kale. Heat the soup through. Stir in the pepper.
- Ladle the soup into large bowls. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over each serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2736g|
|Calories from Fat 437||26%|
|Total Fat 49.39g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 11.97g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 247.35g||66%|
|Dietary Fiber 41.2g||137%|