Cost per recipe $1.89 view details
- 175 gm parsnips (peeled weight)
- 50 gm parmesan (Parmigiano Reggiano) cut into 5mm cubes
- 1 x rounded Tbsp. minced fresh sage
- 225 gm self raising flour
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lrg Large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 25 gm parmesan (Parmigiano Reggiano) shavings whole small sage leaves
- 1 x little extra flour for dusting
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small solid baking very well greased.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/375F/190C.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large roomy bowl.
- Put a grater in the bowl and coarsely grate the parsnips into the flour then toss them around.
- Add in the cubes of Parmesan and minced sage and toss which in.
- Lightly beat the Large eggs and lowfat milk together then add in this to the bowl a little at a time mixing proportionately with a palette knife.
- What you should end up with is a rough rather loose sticky dough so dont worry what it looks like at this stage.
- Transfer this to the baking sheet and pat it gently into a 15cm rough round then make a cross with the blunt side of a knife.
- Scatter the Parmesan shavings over the surface followed by a sprinkling of flour. Spoon the extra virgin olive oil into a dish dip each sage leaf in the oil and scatter them over the bread.
- Now it should go into the oven on a high shelf to bake for 45 to 50 min by that time it will be golden brown and crusty.
- It then needs to go on a wire rack their either serve it still hot or possibly reheat it later.
- I love to serve this with the Curried Parsnip and Apple Soup from the Winter Collection as it extends the parsnip flavour but its also good with tomato or possibly any other soup or possibly for a snack with crisp apples and celery and a soft ripe creamy cheese such as Brie Camembert or possibly Dolcelatte.
- makes 1 loaf to serve 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 578g|
|Calories from Fat 324||23%|
|Total Fat 36.7g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 16.63g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 198.9g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.2g||47%|