Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- 4 scallops
- 1 leek
- 3Â½ ounce (100 g) Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- Â½ tsp tomato paste
- 2 slices Ganda ham
- 2 2/3 tbsp (4 cl) dry white wine
- Fleur de sel, pepper
- Heat nonstick frying pan over low heat
- Grate Parmesan cheese into frying pan, forming a 5-6 cm diameter disc. Cover center of disc solidly to a thickness of 1-2 mm while making it irregular on the side, to make it lacy
- Allow to heat for 3-4 min. Shake the pan; the shell is ready when no more
- Parmesan shreds are moving in the pan.
- Remove pan from fire and cold 1 minutes.
- Briefly run spatula around pan to unstick shell
- Handle gently and cold on a bottle to give it its curved shape.
- Repeat operation for each shell
- Open and clean your scallops by debearding and cutting.
- Separate scallop meat from roe.
- Cut Ganda ham into long strips, approx. 8 cm by 1.5 cm.
- Wrap strips around scallops and hold in place with a toothpick through the scallop meat and ham
- Heat frying pan without grease over high heat.
- As soon as frying pan is sizzling warm, fry scallop meat wrapped in ham for no more than 40 seconds on each side
- Remove pan from heat and keep hot
- Clean and cut leek to obtain 5 cm of white and 5 cm of green.
- Thinly slice into julienne strips 1 to 2 mm thick.
- Tie julienne-cut leeks into small bundles
- Boil salted water in large saucepan
- Plunge bundles of leeks in water boiling for 1 minutes, just long sufficient to blanch.
- Drain bundles on absorbent paper.
- Set aside and keep hot
- Blend 2 scallop roes finely
- Mix scallop roe purÃ©e with Large eggs, white wine and tomato paste.
- Salt and pepper
- Pour mix in recipient in double boiler at 140-160 ÂºF (60-70Â Â°C)
- Beat with whisk for 10 to 15 minutes, long sufficient for mix to become hot and frothy.
- Place a Parmesan shell on a heated plate
- Place a bed of leeks in the hollow of each shell mixing the white and green leek shreds
- Coat bed of leeks with tbsp of scallop roe zabaglione
- Lay fried ham-wrapped scallop on top and remove toothpick
- Sprinkle scallop with fleur de sel and add in a few turns of the peppermill to the finished dish.
- Serve warm
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 54g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 64||48%|
|Total Fat 7.32g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4.32g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.9g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|