Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x onion minced fine
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 5 c. vegetable or possibly chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. raw rice
- 1 lb zucchinis - (abt 2 med)
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x egg
- 2 Tbsp. fresh-grated Parmesan cheese (to 4 tbspns)
- 1 Tbsp. finely-chopped parsley
- In a medium saucepan, saute/fry the onion and garlic in the extra virgin olive oil till tender. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, add in the rice, and cook on low for 10 min. Stir in the grated zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and simmer - partially covered - for about 15 min.
- When the zucchini is tender, beat the egg with the cheese and parsley and whisk into the soup, mixing well. Let simmer for a few min, then ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
- Comments: Just when you thought all zucchini soups were dishwater grey-green, here comes this thick, rich, and flavorful warm first course from Paraguay.
- Makes you and 3 to 4 others think about looking for second portions instead of the next course.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 157g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||39%|
|Total Fat 4.76g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.88g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.43g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|