Cost per serving $0.11 view details
- 1 x papaya halved and pitted
- 2 x habaneros or possibly scotch bonnets stemmed
- 1 sm yellow onion
- 1 c. distilled vinegar white
- 1 x clove garlic
- 1 piece fresh ginger root peel coarsely chop 1 inch long
- Â Â mustard and curry see notes
- Spoon out the papaya flesh, combine with the remaining ingredients in food processor, and puree. Pour the sauce into a nonreactive saucepan and heat till just boiling. Remove from the heat, let cold, and then bottle.
- Words from a bottle of Warm Sauce with Passion:
- "Carefully blended with vinegar, habaneros, papaya, onion, honey, ginger, garlic, mustard and spices. No salt. 100% natural. ... Manufactured for Dave's Gourmet, Inc "
- Words from Dave's Page on the Internet:"Habanero heat with a kiss of sweetness, combined with mustard and curry overtones make this heart warming sauce a favorite. "
- We can taste the curry and mustard. The curry might have cumin.
- NOTES : Use like any other warm sauce. salads, soups, grilled foods, Large eggs.
- From the label: "Also good on sandwiches, pizzas and blind dates."
- Friend Rooby's advice is to "go ahead and use frzn and/or possibly pre-sectionedpapaya."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 32g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.69g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|