Cost per serving $1.07 view details
- 1 lrg Round loaf peasant bread cut 1" cubes
- 1 x Shallot finely minced
- 1 x Garlic clove mashed to paste
- 2 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 1/4 c. Balsamic vinegar
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 5 x Ripe plum tomatoes seeded, minced
- 1 x Green bell pepper seeded, minced
- 1 x Yellow, orange or possibly red bell pepper seeded, minced
- 1 x Cucumber peeled, seeded,
- Â Â and minced
- 1 med Fennel bulb trimmed, minced,
- Â Â with feathery greens (fronds) reserved
- 1/2 c. Nicoise olives pitted, halved
- 12 x Basil leaves shredded
- Spread the bread cubes out on a baking sheet and leave out, uncovered, to dry for 24 hrs. Alternatively, bake the cubes in a 300 degree oven for 10 to 20 min till dry out but not toasted.
- In a large bowl whisk together the shallots, garlic, lemon rind and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the extra virgin olive oil in a stream, whisking constantly till well combined. Add in the tomatoes, bell peppers, fennel and olives, tossing to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Thirty min before serving the salad add in the reserved fennel greens, basil and bread cubes, tossing to coat, and let the salad stand at room temperature for 30 min.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||79%|
|Total Fat 13.77g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.35g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|