Cost per serving $1.17 view details
- Â Â (Tomato, Cheese & Bread)
- 8 ounce crusty Panera Bread sourdough croutons
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 lrg onions, finely minced
- 8 c. chicken stock or possibly canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 x (28-ounce.) cans peeled plum tomatoes, liquid removed, crushed
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Asiago cheese (may substitute more Parmesan)
- Â Â Parmesan Reggiano rind (optional)
- 1/4 x thinly torn fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese shavings
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add in onions and saute/fry till very tender, about 25 min. Add in chopped garlic and cook 1 minute. Add in chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, cheeses and cheese rind. Simmer soup uncovered 30 min, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. For smoother texture, puree in blender or possibly food processor before serving.
- Ladle soup into Panera Bread sourdough bread bowls. Add in croutons, torn basil, and Parmesan cheese shavings just before serving.
- Makes 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 424g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 28||30%|
|Total Fat 3.14g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.06g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.3g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|