I just love to eat Paneer. But somehow didnt have it for the past so many months.Last week when I went for my household shopping I saw panner and was so tempted. I left chicken and bought paneer. . The dish I made was a total experiment so had to christine it. Since I really enjoyed the dish , the word "PASAND" (mean like) poped up in my head and as its made of paneer so "PANEER PASANDA" .
- Paneer - 200 gms
- Cashewnuts - 7-8 numbers
- Rasins - 20 numbers
- Cornflour - 2 teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder - Half teaspoons
- Jeera Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Flour - 2 teaspoons
- Onion paste - Paste of 1 medium
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Tomato - 3 medium size
- Green chilly - 2-3 pieces
- Garam Masala - Half teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Ghee - Half teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- PANNER PIECES:-
- Cut the paneer into square shapes neither too big nor too small.
- Roughly cut the raisins into very small pieces , also coarse grind the cashewnuts.
- Mix together the cashewnut and raisins with ghee and salt and set aside.
- Take 2 pieces of paneer, place some amount of the cashew mixture on one slice of paneer and place the other slice on top of it and press the slices together softly. Repeat the same with rest of the pieces.
- Whisk flour,cornflour,salt,one teaspoon red chilli powder with water making a semi-liquid paste.
- Heat a pan and drizzle a bit of oil not much as we dont need to deep fry the paneers.
- Coat each pair of paneer with the semi-liquid paste and fry the same on the pan in medium heat.
- When the paneer pieces turn brown on both the sides , remove on a tissue paper.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add ginger and the garlic pastes.
- Add onion and green chilli paste and salt, cook till oil separates out.
- Boil water separately , and add the tomatoes to the boiling water. When the tomato's skin wrinkles remove it . Mash the tomatoes till it forms a puree.
- Pour the tomato puree in th kadhai and cook till the oil separates out. Add some red chilly powder,turmeric powder and jeera powder to the same and cook it for 10 min.
- In a baking dish, coat its bottom with the tomato sauce , place half of the paneer pieces on the sauce.
- Then add half the sauce on top of the pieces.
- Place the other half of the pieces now and then add the sauce again.
- Sprinkle the garam masala on top and bake the dish.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 57||68%|
|Total Fat 6.46g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.21g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 6.01g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|