Pandan flavoured chiffon cakes are still all-time favourites for young and old Asians!
Cost per recipe $1.93 view details
- 250gr Cake flour
- 225gr Fine white sugar
- A dash of baking powder
- 120ml Vegetable oil
- 7 Egg yolks
- 160ml Coconut milk
- 20ml Fresh pandan juice
- Few drops of green food colouring, optional
- 10ml Vanilla extract
- 7 Egg whites
- 2gr Cream of tar-tar
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut milk and fresh pandan juice with a spoon. Set aside.
- Combine the sifted flour, baking powder and white sugar in a bowl. Make a well; then add oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract, coconut milk and pandan juice mixture plus green colouring to the well. Set aside. Do not beat first.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with high speed electric mixer. Gradually add the cream of tar-tar while beating until the egg whites turn very stiff and form soft peaks. Set aside.
- Using the same beaters, beat the egg yolk batter at a high speed until smooth and light.
- Gradually fold the egg yolk batter over the egg whites mixture by using rubber spatula. Do not stir.
- Pour the cake batter into a tube pan (do not grease the pan). Once done, shake the pan a little bit to release the air from the cake batter.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until done. Do not open the oven until the cake is baked for minimum 40-45 minutes to avoid shrinking chiffon cake.
- Once done, invert the pan to cool and release the cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 304g|
|Calories from Fat 1250||88%|
|Total Fat 143.12g||179%|
|Saturated Fat 37.14g||149%|
|Trans Fat 2.85g|
|Total Carbs 32.71g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|