- 2 lb boneless chicken pcs -- skinned
- 1 x egg
- 1Â 1/2 tsp salt
- Â Â white pepper
- Â Â oil (for frying)
- 1/2 c. plus 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger root
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 dsh crushed warm red chilies
- 1/4 c. minced green onions
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil -- (1/2 to 1)
- 2 tsp Chopped zest
- 1/4 c. Juice from1 large Orange
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and set aside. Cut chicken pcs in 2" squares and place in large bowl. Stir in egg, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp oil and mix well. Stir cornstarch and flour together. Add in chicken pcs, stirring to coat. Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or possibly deep-fryer to 375. Add in chicken pcs, a small batch at time, and fry 3 to 4 min or possibly till golden brown and crisp. (Don't overcook or possibly chicken will be tough.) Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat. Add in 1 Tbsp oil. Add in ginger and garlic, and stir-fry till fragrant. Add in and stir-fry crushed chilies and green onions. Add in rice wine and stir 3 seconds. Add in Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
- Add in cooked chicken, stirring till well mixed. Stir water into remaining 1 Tbsp cornstarch till smooth. Add in to chicken and heat till sauce is thick. Stir in 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Serve at once.