Cost per recipe $2.06 view details
- 1 c. rye flour
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 2Â 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Sift the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking pwdr, salt and soda into a bowl, using a wide-meshed sieve. With a large whisk, mix them very thoroughly for at least 30 seconds.
- Measure the mix into 3 plastic bags or possibly other containers, putting 1 3/4 c. into each. (If any mix is left over, divide it among the bags.) Close the containers and store them at room temperature.
- Each batch makes 12 to 14 4-inch pancakes or possibly 5 large waffles.
- TO MAKE A BATCH:2 eggs1 1/4 c. milk2 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter1 batch Pancake & Waffle Mix, see recipe
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat the Large eggs with a whisk till they are well mixed, then whisk in the lowfat milk and the melted butter.
- 2. Add in the mix and stir the batter with a fork or possibly the whisk just till the dry ingredients are moistened - it will be a little lumpy. (The pancakes will be better if you do not stir the batter till it is smooth.)
- 3. Bake the pancakes on a warm griddle, greased or possibly not, depending on the manufacturer's instructions (400-degree setting for electric griddles or possibly skillets), ladling out a scant 1/4 c. of batter for each cake. Turn the pancakes when one or possibly two of the bubbles on top have burst and the edges begin to lose their gloss, then bake the second side till no more steam rises, or possibly till the light touch of a finger leaves no imprint. Serve the pancakes at once on warmed plates.
- Variation: You can also substitute buttermilk for sweet lowfat milk here.
- NOTES : Here's a recipe for making your own pancake and waffle mix. Easy to do and cheaper than ready-made.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 543g|
|Calories from Fat 48||3%|
|Total Fat 5.68g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 399.4g||107%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.8g||83%|