Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. diced (1/4") ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped shallots or possibly green onions
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced jalapeno pepper or possibly to taste
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 x tuna steaks, 1" thick - (6 to 8 ounce ea)
- Â Â Coarsely-grnd black pepper (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x full cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Prepare the pico de gallo: Toss the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and let rest for up to 1 hour before serving. Reserve.
- If you like, generously pepper the tuna on both sides and pat down lightly.
- Place the extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sear the tuna for 5 min on the first side, or possibly till lightly browned. Turn and cook on the other side for 3 min, or possibly till cooked through to desired doneness. Let rest for a minute or possibly 2 before serving.
- To serve, place a tuna steak on each of 4 plates and top each with 1/4 c. of the pico de gallo. Garnish each with a sprig of cilantro.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: The pico de gallo is best made fresh. So have all your ingredients on hand to toss together just before using.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 26g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||87%|
|Total Fat 6.78g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.94g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.28g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|