Cost per recipe $17.69 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1 c. Finely-minced yellow onions
- 1/2 c. Finely-minced celery
- 1/4 c. Seeded, finely-minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. Seeded, finely-minced yellow bell pepper
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 1 lb Lump crabmeat picked over
- Â Â to remove shells and cartilage
- 1/4 c. Minced green onions, green parts only
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Creole mustard
- Â Â Juice of one fresh lemon - (or possibly 3 tbspns)
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- Â Â Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Â Â Warm pepper sauce to taste
- 1Â 1/2 c. Dry fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- Â Â Bayou Blast see * Note
- 2 x Large eggs for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- Â Â Minced green onions for garnish
- 1 x recipe Creole Meuniere Sauce I see * Note
- 1 x recipe Roasted Vegetable Pecan Relish see * Note
- Heat butter in a small saute/fry pan over medium heat. Add in onions, celery and bell peppers. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, till the vegetables are soft and slightly golden brown, about 5 min. Add in the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 min. Cold for 5 min.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, green onions, Parmesan, parsley, mustard and lemon juice. Mix the mayonnaise, Worcestershire Sauce and warm pepper sauce together. Combine vegetable mix with crab mix. Mix in the mayonnaise mix and 3/4 c. of the bread crumbs. Divide combined mix into 10 equal portions and form into 1-inch thick round patties.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and season with Bayou Blast. In another bowl, whisk the egg with the water. In a third bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 c. bread crumbs with the Creole seasoning. Dredge the crab cakes first in seasoned flour, tapping off excess, then in egg wash, letting excess drip off. Lastly, dredge cakes into seasoned bread crumbs, coating cakes proportionately.
- In a large saute/fry pan, heat oil. Gently lay the cakes, 3 to 4 at a time, and pan fry till lightly golden brown, about 4 min on each side. Drain cakes on paper towels and season with Creole seasoning while still warm.
- To serve, place Creole Meuniere Sauce in the center of each plate. Spoon the Roasted Vegetable Pecan Relish in the center of the sauce and lay a cake on top of the relish. Garnish with green onions and Bayou Blast.
- This recipe yields 10 cakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1274g|
|Calories from Fat 1804||59%|
|Total Fat 204.12g||255%|
|Saturated Fat 42.25g||169%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 165.51g||44%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.2g||47%|