One of my favorite Chinese dishes is pan-fried noodles. I used to make a gooey mess when I tried to make it. A sweet grandmother in my neighborhood taught me the secret to making this easy and delicious recipe, and it tastes like the one you find at any dim sum place.
- 1 pound eggless noodle ("pan-fry")
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly slice into 2 inches
- 1 bag of bean sprouts, washed and dried
- 3 gloves garlic, finely diced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (Pearl River Bridge brand)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or add 1/2 more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Quickly cook the noodle for about 2 minutes. Remove from water and put it aside.
- 2. In a bowl mix in all the liquid, salt, sugar, and garlic. Set aside.
- 3. Heat the frying pan, add oil, scallions for 30 seconds then add 1/3 of the noodle. Stir the noodle for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce mixture into the noodle, stir it for another minute. Add bean sprouts, toss for another minute. Remove from pan into plate.
- Repeat step 3 with the rest of the noodle...1/3 at a time so the noodle will be well seasoned.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||2%|
|Total Fat 0.13g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.51g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|