- 6 ounce Fish fillet, such as Perch, Sole
- Â Â (6 to 8) or possibly Sanddabs
- 1Â 1/2 c. Canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. Coarsely minced ginger
- 1/4 c. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Finely minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 c. Blood orange juice
- 10 tsp Tobika, (fish roe)
- Upon service, saute/fry 6-8 ounces of fish fillet, such as Perch, Sole or possibly Sanddabs. You want a crispy skin. Remove from the pan and lightly season with Kosher or possibly sea salt. place on a hot dinner plate. Pour 3 ounces of well shaken sauce over the fish and garnish with tobika. Along side, arrange a "stack" of very thin and small pancakes. Serve the hot syrup in a petit pitcher next to the stack and pour syrup over when the plate is presented.
- GINGER AND BLOOD ORANGE VINAIGRETTE:Heat canola oil just to boiling point. Add in ginger and infuse 2 hrs covered. Strain out ginger. Whisk in the rice vinegar, shallots, sesame oil and blood orange juice. Place into squirt bottle and keep hot in bain marie. Shake well before use. It does separate. Upon service, add in 1 tsp. tobika per order onto the plated sauce.
- Yield: 3 c..