Cost per serving $4.42 view details
- 8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1 med Onion sliced
- Â Â Salt as needed
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper as needed
- 2 x to 4 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1/2 lb Oyster mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 lb White mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 c. Dry white wine
- 3 x to 4 Dry Ancho chiles wiped clean, stemmed and seeded
- 2Â 1/2 c. Chicken stock
- Â Â Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lrg Whole boneless chicken breasts with skin split
- Heat 4 Tbsp. of the butter in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. Saute/fry the onions with 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper till golden, 8 to 10 min. Add in the garlic and half of each of the mushrooms. Turn up the heat and cook the mushrooms, stirring frequently, till golden brown. Pour in the wine and cook till most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, place the Ancho chiles over a burner and toast all over just till soft and the skin is slightly bubbly. Roughly chop half the chiles and add in to the pot, reserving the rest.
- Add in the chicken stock to the pot and boil about 12 min. Transfer to a blender or possibly food processor and puree till smooth. (For a smoother sauce, pass through a sieve.) Return the sauce to the stove and bring to a boil. Stir in the remaining butter, 1 Tbsp. at a time, and remove from heat. (For a thinner, more rustic sauce you can eliminate this butter.) Stir in the lime juice, season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt and pepper. Heat a large dry skillet over moderate heat for 5 min. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil and place the chicken in the pan, skin side down. Fry till the skin starts to brown and crisp, 5 - 10 min, and then turn and briefly sear the other side. Transfer to a baking dish (set the pan aside) and bake till cooked through, about 10 min.
- Meanwhile, finish the sauce by thinly slicing the remaining toasted Ancho peppers. Reheat the pan used to brown the chicken and saute/fry the remaining mushrooms over medium-high heat till the edges are brown. Then add in the sliced Anchos. Stir and toss 1 to 2 min longer. Stir into the reserved sauce.
- Coat the serving plates with the sauce. Top each with a browned chicken breast and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 329g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 276||68%|
|Total Fat 31.18g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 12.88g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.08g|
|Total Carbs 7.01g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|