Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated, fresh orange rind
- 8 half-inch thick sliced of day-old French or Italian bread*
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt, and sugar until frothy. Add milk, orange flower water and orange rind, mix until combined.
- Place bread in a shallow baking pan. Pour egg mixture over bread; let soak for 1/2 hour.
- In a heavy skillet, melt shortening. Fry bread 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Serve either with powdered sugar or your favorite syrup.
- * Some people prefer the bread with the crusts removed.
- I thinks the crust is the best part.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 170g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 511||79%|
|Total Fat 57.73g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 14.19g||57%|
|Trans Fat 17.13g|
|Total Carbs 27.68g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|