Cost per serving $19.97 view details
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. saffron threads
- Â Â Light vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 c. onion, minced
- 1 c. arborio rice
- 1 x banana pepper, cut into strips
- 1 x red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 x yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 c. warm chicken stock, fat skimmed off
- 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 c. squid rings
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 x mussels, scrubbed
- 12 x littleneck clams, scrubbed
- Â Â Four 3 oz freshwater lobster tails, Or possibly
- Â Â two 6 oz lobster tails, cut in half
- 1/2 c. canned sliced artichoke hearts
- 1 c. frzn peas, thawed
- 1 c. tomato, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the white wine and saffron threads in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat a large, heavy paella pan or possibly frying pan for about minute over medium-high heat. Spray it 4 times with the vegetable oil. Saute/fry the onion for 2 to 3 min, till limp. Add in the rice and Saute/fry for about 1 minute, till golden brown. Add in the wine and saffron and stir till the liquid is complete absorbed. Stir in the peppers. Add in the warm chicken stock 1/4 c. at a time, stirring till absorbed. Keep the stock over low heat.
- When only 1/2 c. of the chicken stock remains to be added, stir in the chicken. With the last addition of stock stir in the squid and shrimp.
- Turn the burner off. The rice should be tender.
- Stand the mussels and clams upright in the rice mix, joint down. Tuck the lobster tails into the rice, shell down. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake till the mussel and clam shells open, 8 to 10 min.
- Scatter the artichoke, peas, and tomato over the paella and bake for 2 to 3 min more.
- Place the paella in the center of the dinner table and allow the guests to serve themselves.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 562g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||8%|
|Total Fat 3.76g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.82g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 54.95g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|