This is a cooked (wilted salad) with a hot bacon dressing! Dandelion must be gathered fresh in early spring. Once the buds appear, they will be too bitter. So, if you can't get the dandelion at the proper time, you can substitute another green (endive, oak leaf lettuce, or even young spinach leaves).
- 4. cup cleaned dandelion greens
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 T. flour
- 3 T. sugar
- 3 T. vinegar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 hard cooked eggs
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan, save bacon for garnish.
- Mix flour in bacon grease in pan.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, and milk together.
- Cook in bacon grease until thick. Take off heat.
- Pour over the dandelion greens.
- Garnish with sliced eggs and crumbled bacon.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 91g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||60%|
|Total Fat 7.81g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.05g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.38g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|