Cost per serving $1.62 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb Idaho potatoes peeled, diced
- 4 ounce Grnd andouille sausage
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream divided
- 2 doz Shucked oysters, with their liquor
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Minced onions
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Finely-minced parsley leaves
- 1 dsh Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dsh Crystal warm sauce
- Â Â Juice of one fresh lemon
- 4 x French bread croutons - (abt 1" thk) toasted
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Season the water with salt. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook the potatoes for 10 to 12 min or possibly till fork tender.
- In a small saute/fry pan, over medium heat, render the andouille till crispy, about 4 to 6 min. Drain the potatoes. Place the potatoes back in the pan and add in the andouille, 1 Tbsp. butter and 1/4 c. cream. Using a hand-held masher, mash the potatoes till smooth. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep hot.
- Drain the oysters, reserving the liquor. Set aside. In a large saute/fry pan, over medium heat, add in the oil. When the oil is warm, add in the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute/fry for 2 to 3 min. Add in the garlic and parsley. Cook for about 2 min. Add in reserved oyster liquor, Worcestershire sauce, warm sauce, and lemon juice. Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 4 to 5 min or possibly till the liquid thickens.
- In a sauce pan, Stir in the remaining butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Season the oysters with salt and pepper. Add in the oysters. Simmer for about 2 min or possibly till the edges curl.
- To serve, mound the potatoes in the center of each bowl. Spoon the oysters and sauce around the potatoes. Garnish with the croutons.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 290g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 248||60%|
|Total Fat 27.9g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 13.01g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.06g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|