Cost per serving $0.20 view details
- 1 piece beef rump - (abt 3 lbs)
- 1 tsp salad oil (optional)
- 2 x onions - (l lb total) peeled, sliced
- 1 bot beer - (12 ounce)
- 1 pkt oxtail soup mix - (1.8 ounce)
- Wipe meat with a damp towel. Place a 5- to 6-qt pan over high heat and add in oil (if you like). Add in meat and brown lightly all over, turning as needed, about 5 min.
- Transfer meat to a bowl. Add in onions and 2 Tbsp. water to pan. Stir frequently till onions are lightly browned, about 5 min.
- Add in beer, soup mix, and 1 c. water to pan; stir to release browned bits. Add in beef and any juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently till meat is very tender when pierced, about 3 hrs.
- Lift meat onto a platter and keep hot. Let stand at least 10 min to slice neatly. Meanwhile, if needed, boil sauce, uncovered, over high heat, stirring occasionally, till reduced to 3 c..
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: Beef rump is very lean. You can also use boned and tied beef chuck, that gets more succulent but doesn't slice as neatly. Serve the meat and gravy with mashed potatoes or possibly warm fettuccine.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 69g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||15%|
|Total Fat 0.59g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.11g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.89g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|