Cost per serving $3.49 view details
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â White pepper
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil or possibly nonfat cooking spray
- 1/3 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- Â Â Or possibly deli mustard coarsely grnd
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1. Rinse chicken breast tenders under cool water. Remove any tendons. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Toss tenders with garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 10 min.
- 3. Spread tenders in single layer and lightly mist with extra virgin olive oil. Turn and mist other side. Roll tenders in bread crumbs to coat. Arrange in single layer on baking pan lightly misted with extra virgin olive oil or possibly nonfat cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 500 degrees 5 min. Turn and bake till juices run clear when chicken is pricked with fork, about 2 min. Sprinkle with parsley and cilantro.
- 5. Combine mustard and honey. Serve with chicken tenders.
- (2 main course-servings.
- Notes: Serves two for dinner. About 6 to 8 for appetizers.
- NOTES :* Here's a quick, low-fat version of one of my favorites: oven-fried chicken breast tenders with honey mustard sauce.
- Tenders, those little strips of meat attached to the underside of the chicken breast, are available at supermarkets. They're a smart choice for low-fat dining, having only about a third the fat of dark chicken meat.
- * For this sauce, I like the texture of what some manufacturers call brown delicatessen-style mustard with white-basically, a coarser Dijon-style mustard. And it tastes great with the chicken.
- * These oven-fried tenders make great appetizers or possibly even a good light meal served with a big crunchy salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 319g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 341||43%|
|Total Fat 37.96g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 7.69g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 76.24g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|