Cost per serving $16.67 view details
- 2 lb boneless lamb shoulder cut 3" to 4" cubes
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lrg onion thinly sliced
- 1 x celery rib halved
- 2 x bay leaves
- 2 x garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 sprg fresh marjoram
- 1 sm dry chile pepper
- 1 c. canned liquid removed tomatoes coarsely minced
- 1/4 c. Basic Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
- 3/4 c. dry red or possibly white wine
- 1Â 1/2 lb dandelion or possibly escarole cut 1/4" chiffonade
- 1/2 c. coarsely-minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 c. slivered caciocavallo or possibly pecorino
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In a heavy skillet or possibly casserole, over high heat, sear the meat in 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil, browning on all sides. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and gently sweat the sliced onion, celery, bay leaves, garlic, marjoram, and chile pepper in 2 Tbsp. of the oil till soft and starting to turn golden brown. Add in the tomatoes and tomato sauce to the pan, season, and let reduce for 5 min. Deglaze with wine, add the lamb pcs, raise the heat to medium, and when the liquid comes to a simmer, cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add in the greens to the pot, setting them directly on top of the meat and its juices. Cover and return to the oven for 30 to 45 min. Remove from the oven, throw away the celery, bay leaves, and chile pepper, and transfer the meat and greens to a serving platter. Top with slivered cheese and serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 321g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 290||66%|
|Total Fat 32.35g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 11.02g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.89g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||18%|