Cost per recipe $2.92 view details
- 4 x Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 175 gm Brown cap or possibly button mushrooms, sliced (6oz)
- 2 x Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Â Â Salt & freshly grnd black pepper
- 350 ml Chicken stock, plus 90ml (6tbsp) (12floz)
- 25 gm St, (loz)
- Â Â Ivel Gold Light
- 25 gm Plain flour, (loz)
- 150 ml Medium-dry white wine, (0.25pt)
- 30 ml Minced fresh tarragon or possibly 10ml, (2tsp) dry tarragon (2tbsp)
- Â Â Fresh tarragon sprigs, to garnish
- Make 3 slashes in the top of each chicken breast and place the chicken breasts in a shallow ovenproof dish or possibly baking tin.
- Scatter the mushrooms, garlic and seasoning over the chicken. Spoon 90ml
- (6tbsp) stock over the chicken.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 190C / 375F gas mark 5 for 35-45 min till the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Place the remaining stock, St Ivel Gold Light, flour and wine in a saucepan and heat gently , whisking continuously, till the sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Simmer gently for 3 min, whisking.
- Remove the mushrooms from the chicken using a slotted spoon and set a few aside for garnishing.
- Add in the mushrooms, tarragon and seasoning to the sauce and mix well. Reheat gently, stirring.
- Serve the chicken breasts with the white wine and mushrooms sauce and the reserved mushrooms scattered over. Garnish with fresh tarragon sprigs and serve with vegtables of your choice.
- Variation:Use mixed herbs in place of the tarragon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 568g|
|Calories from Fat 28||8%|
|Total Fat 3.17g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.83g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 24.04g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|