Even summertime is the perfect time to satisfy your soul with a piping hot bowl of chicken broth based soup. This delightful Asian style soup is a “must try.” It has the most amazing tasting broth that’s really addictive. We loved it so much we actually made it a few times in the same week. You might even want to double the recipe and freeze some. With the addition of chicken and noodles it becomes a satisfying main course. Gather all the ingredients and prep everything first, then this soup will come together very quickly.
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: for one serving
221 calories, 3g fat, 26g protein, 23g carbs, 3g fiber, 980mg sodium, 5g sugar
- 3 ounces Japanese Soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti cooked, see shopping tip
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups (6 oz) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced, see shopping tip
- 3 cloves (about 1 tablespoon) fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (from a jar) see shopping tip
- 3 (14-ounce) cans Swansonâs reduced-sodium chicken broth, see healthy benefits
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Â¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1Â½ cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Â¼ cup green onions, sliced for garnish
- Prepare the soba noodles or spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, in a large nonstick pot or pan, heat the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, garlic, ginger and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes. Stir often. Mix in broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage and chicken. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked soba noodles and lemon juice and remove from heat.
- 4. Ladle into each bowl and garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon sliced green onions.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 485g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||38%|
|Total Fat 11.15g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.83g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.47g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|