Cost per recipe $0.65 view details
- Slice tomatoes about 1/4". Spread on plate. Sprinkle salt proportionately over tomatoes. Continue placing tomato slices in layer over previous layer and sprinkle with salt till all tomatoes have been salted.
- IMPORTANT: LET THE TOMATOES SIT (ROOM TEMPERATURE Or possibly REFRIGERATOR) AT LEAST SIX (6) Hrs. This removes water from tomatoes so which they will cook up nice and crispy.
- Remove tomatoes from container. Mix flour, a little salt and pepper (to taste) in bowl. Coat each tomato slice with flour. LET SIT 30 Min.
- Heat oil in a skillet to medium high. Place tomatoes in oil. (Reduce heat when necessary). Let tomatoes brown on one side, then turn and brown on the other. When tomatoes are a golden, remove one at a time and place on paper towels to drain.
- I'd say serve immediately, but they're so good, most family members hover around the stove to eat them as they are ready.
- Good luck!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 134g|
|Calories from Fat 2||8%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.28g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|