I'm going to save any scone recipe beccause I love them as well as orange zest mixed with most things.
Cost per recipe $2.59 view details
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 6 tblsp butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- orange marmalade for glazing (I used my homemade ginger/orange preserves), warmed
- Coarse turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, orange zest, and sgar in a bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter till crumbly.
- Mix in buttermilk, orange juice, and vanilla just till all moistened.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board, divide in half, and pat each half into a circle (about 6-7 inches. Put circles of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and cut through each with a knife into 8 wedges- don't separate.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then brush with warmed preserves and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Continue baking for 8-10 more minutes till golden.
- Cool on sheet for 1 minute, then recut on lines and separate wedges- place on wire rack to cool
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 651g|
|Calories from Fat 638||31%|
|Total Fat 72.74g||91%|
|Saturated Fat 44.83g||179%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 316.99g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||24%|