Cost per serving $2.09 view details
- 1/3 c. poppy seeds (75 mL)
- 1/2 c. yogurt (125 mL)
- 7 ounce unsalted butter (200g)
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange rind (15 mL)
- 1 c. granulated sugar (250 mL)
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 2Â 1/4 tsp baking pwdr (11 mL)
- 2 c. all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1/2 c. grnd almonds (125 mL)
- 3/4 c. orange juice, fresh squeezed (125 mL)
- Â Â Syrup
- 2 c. granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 1 c. orange juice, fresh squeezed (125 mL)
- 1Â 1/2 c. water (375 mL)
- 1/2 c. orange zest, fine julienne (125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Grease an 8-inch square cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the poppy seeds and yogurt and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, grated orange rind and sugar till light and creamy. Add in the Large eggs and beat till well incorporated. Stir in the poppy seed mix, flour, salt, baking soda, almonds and orange juice.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 min or possibly till cooked when tested with a toothpick or possibly skewer. When cake is still hot, pour over the syrup. Cake serves 6 to 8.
- Syrup:In a saucepan, stir the sugar, remaining orange juice, and water over medium heat till the sugar is dissolved and mix starts to boil. Add in the orange zest and continue to boil slightly thickened and syrupy, about 15 to 20 min.
- Pour the warm syrup over the hot cake and serve. To take it up a notch on the sinfulness scale, add in a dollop of whipped cream, flavoured with Grand Marnier.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 380g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 309||33%|
|Total Fat 35.34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 18.74g||75%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 149.35g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|