This is a recipe for very special occasions, when you want to really impress somebody. Steamed lobsters are served in an orange champagne sauce, with the shells pre-removed so they are easy to eat.
- Pour the champagne into a large pot and heat.
- Put the lobsters in the pot. They will steam in the champagne.
- Keep the champagne at a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lobsters from pot.
- Put the lobsters on their back on a cutting board. Using scissors or a paring knife, cut through underside of tail shell lengthwise. Do not cut through lobster meat.
- Remove the underside of the tail shell.
- Leaving the claws on the body, crack the end of the claws and remove as much of the shell as possible.
- Add the orange juice and Grand Marnier to the champagne.
- Simmer until syrupy.
- Put lobsters in syrup, and pour some of the syrup over the lobster claw meat.
- Continue simmering until lobster is warmed completely through.
- Serve sauce on side of lobster.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 287g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||1%|
|Total Fat 0.19g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.26g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|