Cost per recipe $4.18 view details
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, including pulp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Triple sec
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind, plus some for use as garnish. I like mine in fairly large shreds.
- Squeeze the orange juice, using a reamer and be sure to include as much of the pulp as is possible, without any pith.
- In a food processor beat the cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the orange rind and process again just until ingredients are mixed.
- Process in an ice cream maker, adding the orange rind slowly during the last 5 minutes of processing.
- Scoop the finished gelato into a container and place in the freezer. Leave it until you are satisfied with the amount of solidity you desire.
- Scoop into dessert dishes and garnish with additional grated orange
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 891g|
|Calories from Fat 697||58%|
|Total Fat 79.05g||99%|
|Saturated Fat 48.36g||193%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 104.27g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|