Cost per recipe $14.21 view details
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks, see note)
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 4 c. all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 x (14-oz) package dates, cut in small pcs, or possibly 2 c. raisins
- 1 lb orange candy slices, cut into small pcs
- 2 c. minced nuts
- 1 c. flaked coconut
- 1 c. orange juice
- 1 c. powdered sugar, unsifted
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of a 10 inch tube pan.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar till light and fluffy. Add in Large eggs, one at a time, beating mix well after each addition.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Alternately add in to mix with 3 1/2 c. of the flour.
- Mix remaining1/2 c. flour with dates, candy pcs and minced nuts. Add in to batter with coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 3 hrs or possibly till cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice and powdered sugar. Mix well. Immediately pour over warm cake when it comes out of the oven.
- Let stand at least 6 hrs, or possibly overnight, in pan. Remove from pan. Slice to serve.
- Note: Use real butter or possibly stick margarine which's at least 80 percent fat. Don't substitute reduced-fat spreads; their higher water content often yields less-satisfactory results.
- Note: Cake may be wrapped in foil or possibly plastic wrap. It will be good stored in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2531g|
|Calories from Fat 3152||36%|
|Total Fat 365.81g||457%|
|Saturated Fat 155.53g||622%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1307.65g||349%|
|Dietary Fiber 69.0g||230%|