This is a print preview of "One Pot Chicken And Rice" recipe.
One Pot Chicken And Rice Recipe
4 x Chicken breasts, or possibly 1 whole chicken cut up (or possibly your favorite parts.)
2 lrg Bell peppers cut into large chunks
1 lrg Red, yellow or possibly orange pepper cut into large chunks
3 lrg Onions, quartered
2 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce (or possibly 1 large can)
1 c. White rice
2 c. Water
Extra virgin olive oil
- In the bottom of a large pan or possibly Dutch Oven, brown chicken in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in peppers and onions, and allow them to "cook down" for about 10 min.
- Add in one of the cans of tomato sauce, and simmer for 10 min.
- Add in water and rice, stir into the mix in the pot, but*do not* worry about stirring it thoroughly.
- Bring pot to a boil. Simmer covered about 20 min, or possibly till rice is cooked.
- Add in second can of tomato sauce, and simmer about 5 min longer.
- My notes: I also season with grnd black pepper, and a little salt and have recently found myself "addicted" to Mrs. Dash with garlic-I put it on
- everything,* and it's great on this dish, but the beauty is which it's very flavorful on its own, and easy to "customize."
- I've also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I've even used*all*
- chicken wings. Both work beautifully.
- I like using the chicken wings when I cannot afford breasts, and I double the rice (increase peppers, onions, water and sauce accordingly. The wings give the rice a wonderful flavor and the recipe really s*t*r*e*t*c*h*e*s it! and one last note...I have a friend who has a neurological problem that affects his manual dexterity, so making dishes which do not need to be cut up while eating makes the meal an easier and more pleasant experience for him.
- I've cut up the chicken breast fillets before browning, and I've even used soup chicken (already cooked) for this dish. I saute/fry the cooked chicken lightly in the extra virgin olive oil for flavor, and then proceed as noted above.