Cost per serving $10.22 view details
- 4-6 oz. Filet Alaskan Halibut
- 2qt. Extra Virgin Olive Oil for poaching
- 1/2lb Snap peas cut on a bias
- 1/2lb French green beans cut on a bias
- 1/2lb Romano beans cut on a bias
- 1/2lb Snow peas cut on a bias
- 1/2lb English peas cut on a bias
- Tomato Confit Petals
- 3 Tomatoes
- 4tbsp basil Chiffonade
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil Pistou
- 1/2c Basil
- 1/2c Olive Oil
- 1qt Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 8 seconds. Peel and seed. Cut into four petals. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper, thyme and garlic. Dry in a 200 Degree oven for one hour on a sheet tray. Alternative: You can buy sundried tomatoes and place them in the pistou with the vegetables.
- Cut all the vegetables on a bias small bite sized pieces. Blanch the vegetables in salted boiling water. Quickly shock the vegetables in an ice bath.
- Remove the stems from the basil leaves. Puree the basil leaves along with the Â½ cup of olive oil and salt and pepper on high speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up the extra virgin olive oil to 130 Degrees. Make sure the pan can hold the four pieces of halibut with out them touching each other. Also, make sure the olive oil covers the halibut all the way to the top. Poach the halibut for 13-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up the vegetable stock in a saucepot and add the blanched vegetables to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the basil pistou. Add the tomato confit petals. Place the vegetable pistou in a bowl. Place the poached halibut on top if the pistou. Garnish with Chiffonade of basil and olive oil.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 981g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4072||94%|
|Total Fat 460.68g||576%|
|Saturated Fat 63.61g||254%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.12g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.1g||67%|