A great cold weather pasta dish evolved from several prepared for Mikhail Baryshnikov @ WOP
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $5.31 view details
- Olive oil, pure 1 Tablespoon
- Red onion, sliced 1 medium
- Garlic cloves, minced 1 cloves
- Crushed red pepper flake 1 teaspoon
- Vodka 2 Tablespoons
- Alfredo sauce 12 ounces
- Ohio City Red Pepper
- or Egg Pasta 6 bundles (1.5#)
- Smoked salmon, cut into strips 1 pound
- Capers, drained and rinsed 3 Tablespoons
- Parsley, rough chopped 2 Tablespoons
- Note: 1 teaspoon of red pepper flake is moderate heat â adjust to suite your preference.
- 1. In a large pot bring to a boil 2 Gallons of water with 2 Tablespoons of salt, covered with a lid.
- 2. In a large sautÃ© pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 3. Add onions and cook until lightly browned, stirring often.
- 4. Push onions away from center to make a well and place garlic and red pepper directly on pan, cook stirring until perfumed but not browned.
- 5. Remove from flame (to avoid combustion) and add vodka, return to heat and cook to reduce to almost dry
- 6. Add alfredo and continue cooking stirring, reduce heat to stay at a simmer if necessary.
- 7. Cook pasta according to directions in boiling water.
- 8. Drain cooked pasta but do not rinse and return to original pot add sauce over medium heat.
- 9. Add salmon and capers and continue cooking stirring until completely combined.
- 10. Serve in warm pasta bowl(s) garnished with parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 226||57%|
|Total Fat 25.08g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 8.48g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.36g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|