Cost per recipe $11.97 view details
- 2 whl chickens, (3 1/2 pound each)
- 1 gal Water
- 3/4 c. Salt, (I use kosher salt)
- 2/3 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Each dry tarragon, thyme, and black pepper
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
- Wash birds inside and out. Put water in a large non-aluminum container (I bought a new 5-gallon bucket from Home Depot for this), add in salt and sugar and stir to dissolve. Add in soy sauce, tarragon, thyme and pepper. Submerge birds and weigh them down with a heavy plate so they stay submerged.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove birds from brine and wash inside and out. Pat dry. (They say you can reserve the brine for future use, but I have never tried this - I just throw it out!)
- Smoke birds according to the type of smoker you will be using. You can add in additional seasoning to the birds before smoking them, just do not add in any more salt. Baste birds with the extra virgin olive oil during latter stages of smoking to give them a golden color!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 6853g|
|Calories from Fat 3829||60%|
|Total Fat 425.61g||532%|
|Saturated Fat 113.81g||455%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 147.86g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|