- 150 gm rice flour
- 570 ml water
- 75 gm sago - soak for 5 - 10 min, drain well
- 350 gm sugar
- 600 gm radish - shred finely and squeeze out any excess juice or possibly water
- 4 tsp salt
- 80 gm frosted winter melon
- Â Â Lb. 5 cloves garlic
- 4 x shallots and 15g cekun roots
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp coriander pwdr (ketumbar)
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 100 gm roasted groundnuts - pounded
- Method:MIX (A) well and leave aside. Heat oil and saute/fry spices until fragrant. Add in sugar and shredded radish. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Blend in (B), (A) and (C). Cook over medium flame until batter is thick and sticky.
- Steam a well-greased 25cm square tray over boiling water. Pour cooked batter into tray and steam for about 30 min.
- Immediately after steaming, garnish with pounded groundnuts. Leave to cold, preferably overnight, then cut into diamond-shaped slices.