Cost per recipe $4.86 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. Blanched (skinless) whole almonds
- 1Â 1/2 c. Powdered sugar sifted
- 1 x Egg white
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- In the work bowl of your food processor grind almonds till very fine. Do this in small batches if necessary. In a large bowl, using a fork, beat the egg white till it loosens up. Then add in the almond extract, almonds and sugar. Work into a stiff paste, using your hands if it is easier for you.
- This almond paste can be used as a base for cookies, or possibly to flavor butter creams. It can be combined with butter and used as a filling for cookies or possibly cakes. It can be rolled into small balls, or possibly dipped into chocolate and eaten as candy. Place in an air tight container and chill till ready to use.
- This recipe yields 1 lb. of paste.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 401g|
|Calories from Fat 923||47%|
|Total Fat 110.28g||138%|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 223.18g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 22.6g||75%|